Saturday, August 27, 2011

Yoga Bookshelf

This is just a short post in response to a friend/teacher's post that she found on another blog site.  The site asked for people to take pictures of their "yoga book" shelf, just because he was curious what other people might have on their shelves.

It seemed like a fun game to play while waiting for Hurricane Irene to visit Boston.  I was actually surprised to see how many yoga books I had accumulated.  Some of them aren't specifically "yoga books" but they do share the same inspiration.  Some I have bought, some a former roommate left behind when she moved away in a hurry, and some are from my yoga teacher training that I just finished.  I've completely read about half of them, others I have skimmed through and some I have yet to read at all (like the Gita).  At least 3 of the books (2 of the Sutra translations and Desikachar's Heart of Yoga) usually live either in my back pack or on the small rolling stand next to my computer (which is also where the manuals from my teacher training are currently residing).

So, without further ado, here is my yoga book shelf:



Clicking on the picture should make it bigger and you should be able to read all the titles.  However, if you can't read all of them and are curious about what some of them are, just ask.
Want to play too?  What's on your yoga book shelf?

No comments:

Post a Comment